Memory bears are made from loved ones clothes or material that is sentimental to you. Be it a baby’s first baby-grow, a metre of fabric left over from a wedding dress, a leavers school jumper or cardigan, your lucky dance costume, a team’s football strip or even a shirt or jumper of a special person that you have lost, your memory bear will be unique and something to cherish.
With a memory bear, your memories come to life and will last forever as a treasured keepsake.
This stunning Giraffe can be created using your clothing to make a cherished keepsake.
This Giraffe is 40cm tall. Sizes are approximate as different fabric types may stretch more or less and affect size.
❤ WHAT CLOTHING IS REQUIRED/TYPE OF CLOTHING?
The amount of material depends on the type of clothing you are sending:
✔ Baby clothing – a minimum of 6-8 items excluding small items like mitts, hats and socks. For items smaller than 3-6mths please send more items.
✔ Children’s clothing – a minimum of 3 items
✔ School uniform – a jumper or cardigan, a tshirt/shirt, a pair of trousers, skirt or pinafore, and optional for girls a summer dress. At least one item of clothing should have a school logo on. PE kits can also be used or incorporated.
✔ Adult clothing – a minimum of one item equivalent to a men’s medium sized shirt.
All clothing should be clean and in good condition.
More items allows for a patchwork effect and can make the item more interesting. You may indicate which items are priority items and which are for smaller features. I endeavour to keep all the beautiful details from every item sent. Care is taken in deciding the placement of each item within the pattern and i unpick pockets, bows, buttons etc to reuse and add extra detailing to every keepsake.
Any uncut clothing will be returned to you with your finished keepsake. If you would like the off cuts from the clothing returned this can also be arranged.
* We know that the clothing items you send to us are irreplaceable and handle them with care — our studio is smoke and pet free and we will let you know when we receive your items, by sending you a confirmation email.
❤ TYPE OF CLOTHING SUITABLE:
Most fabrics are fine to use but please avoid very light fabrics like silk and chiffon or heavy fabrics like leather and chunky knitwear or anything with a very open weave. if in doubt please get in contact and send photographs.
❤ MATERIALS USED
As well as the fabrics that you send, soft medium weight non-woven fusible interfacing is used to strengthen fabrics prior to cutting, felt may be used for the nose and the keepsakes are stuffed using Hollowfibre polyester filling which is non allergenic, washable and meets fire safety standards BS5852. Some items require the used of chenille covered sticks to make parts of the keepsake stand up (Giraffe, Triceratops, Bee) but these can be made without on request. A clothing tag with my business logo will also be added unless specified. Where appropriate a ribbon may be added around the neck of the finished keepsake. I use
a range of colourful glitter eyes in all my keepsakes unless specified. Plain black can be added on request.
❤ HOW IT WORKS?
1. Browse our online shop and choose the type of memory bear keepsake you want us to create for you. Don’t forget these are just samples. Your memory bear will be unique as it will be made from the clothing you send us.
2. Next choose the size of your memory bear (only available on certain designs), any embroidery if required and the turnaround time. Simply then add to cart and progress to checkout.
3. At checkout you will be asked to fill in your details and pay securely.
4. Package up your clothing and send to the address provided (we recommend sending by recorded delivery to ensure the safe arrival of your clothing). Please include your name and order number so that we know who the clothing is from. Failure to do this may lead to a delay in starting your order. You will receive an confirmation email on receipt of the clothing. Please note that delivery estimates are provided from the date we receive your clothing not the date ordered.
5. We will create a custom design mock up for your approval and will not make the bear/keepsake until you are 100% satisfied with the design. You may also choose to allow us to use our knowledge and experience to select how to use the clothing to best effect within the design. This will be the last point at which any changes can be made to the design.
6. You will receive a message with photos of your finished item within 1-2 weeks from approval date.
7. Your finished keepsake will be packaged and taken for posting no later than 1 business working day after completion.
8. Love your bear/love gifting your bear.
❤ DELIVERY ESTIMATE
Keepsakes are handmade to order and take between 4-6 weeks to complete, from the date the clothing is received. They can sometimes be completed quicker depending on demand and the items being used. If you have a specific date that you need the items by please do let us know.
❤ FASTER TURNAROUND SERVICE:
If you require a quicker turnaround than normal we do offer a fast turn around service for an additional charge. This will guarantee that the item will be posted to you within 6 days of receipt of the clothing. This also includes an upgrade to Royal Mail guaranteed next day delivery by 1pm.
Spot clean only is recommended. Depending on the clothing used, this can be machine washed on a delicate cycle but as there is hand stitching in the item, this may compromise the seams and is undertaken at your own risk.
Please note that these are KEEPSAKES and NOT TOYS. Due to the fabrics used they cannot be CE tested, they do contain small parts and are hand finished. They are therefore not suitable for babies and small children and should be used for display purpose only. Safety eyes are used throughout our range and these are not advised for children under 3 years of age.
We offer an embroidery service to personalise your keepsake. There are three options available – one foot to be embroidered with up to 3 words, both feet with up to 3 words on each or a patch on the body with as many words as you require. Hand embroidery and machine embroidery are available.
❤ PACKAGING AND DELIVERY:
Your finished keepsake will be packaged within a cotton drawstring bag and then packaged in a mailing bag. 1st Class Royal Mail delivery is included FREE OF CHARGE and will require a signature to ensure the safety of your finished keepsake. Other delivery options are available at an additional charge.
❤ Made from an original pattern by Funky Friends Factory. http://www.funkyfriendsfactory.com/
❗❗GET 10% OFF YOUR FIRST PURCHASE HERE: http://eepurl.com/hcdcJH ❗❗